Sunday, January 16, 2011

Three Turtleneck Hats

And then there were three:

Yes, I have finished the third turtleneck hat: my most ambitious. I sketched out some cables to complement the decreases and charted out a plan:
(Crude but effective.)

But when I got this far,
I decided I didn't like how the cables were stacking up. I undid numerous rows and staggered the cables instead. I ended up with:
I'm not sure it's an improvement, but it's not getting redone. The hat is done, and it is good.

Now, is it just me, or is this a beautiful shot?
Something about the angle of the chin and the play of the light. Silly, I know, to say this about a styrofoam head and yet I think it's true.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this idea. I've often thought a turtleneck was just the thing for a starting off point for a project, I've been using them as cowls, sewing several together (undo the seam and use the resulting rectangle as fabric). I like your idea much better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...