Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jacob Have I Loved...

I told you about the wonderful adventures that my zig zag sock had as it accompanied me to New York City. Before I left, I had decided to not take the matching sock because I didn't think I needed to refer to it and didn't want to risk losing it. At some point in the trip I realized I couldn't really think of where the first sock was. But I put it out of my mind; I was on vacation!

Today, my second day back at work, something caught my eye as I walked through the parking lot. When I looked oh my goodness!! it was my sock.
Laying there on the ground at the edge of the lot, very forlorn and looking lost. Poor thing!
I must have had it on my lap one day while knitting during my lunch break and didn't notice when it fell out of the car when I got out. I feel like I have to make it up to it somehow--it had to be out there for at least 10 days!

What I did do, however, was to take it home, brush off all the grass and vegetation it had collected and throw it in the microwave for a little bit in case it also collected some bugs. It's a pretty sturdy sock so I think it will be ok. After all the ripping and reknitting I did on it, I think we have a bond strong enough to weather an incident like this.

2 comments:

  1. lol...cute and glad you got your sock back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly! I'm very happy you found the sock you didn't even realize you were missing! Phew!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...