Sunday, December 1, 2013

Jeweled Cowl


You've been warned.

Remember the beading tutorial I did a few weeks ago?
I have finished the project I was working on at the time. All laid out for blocking:
Being a gift, I didn't write much about the scarf, but it was a pleasure to make. I repeated the yarn combination that I used for a scarf for my mother last year. (You can see it in this post, although it looks like I never did a final post on it.) The green is a soft merino and the blue/green is a sock yarn (merino and nylon). The green really helps soften the other yarn and I love the colour combination. I alternated the colours on every row.

It came out really long.
Probably too long to wear as one loop.

This is a triple loop:
A nice jumbled mess around your neck.

Here's a long/short double wrap:
Nicely shows off the lace and bead work section, if you have time to arrange your scarf just so.

Too cold to have your head uncovered? No problem; try a loose double wrap:
Or a double wrap around your neck:
And I realized after it was wrapped, the most likely way the recipient will wear it is to put it around the back of her neck, pull the two ends to the front and put one folded edge through the loop of the other end. No muss; no fuss.

Project Stats
Started
: 13 Oct '13
Finished: 3 Nov '13
Pattern: Jeweled Cowl by Sachiko Uemura
Materials: Pagewood Farm Denali Hand Dyed Sock Yarn (Sante Fe) (62 grams) and madelinetosh tosh merino light (Jade) (40 grams)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...