Saturday, June 11, 2016

Block 24: Sunday Morning

The past week has been a little crazy with lots of company and big family events so this will be brief. I wasn't sure I would be able to sew this block, but I managed to get it done in a couple short sessions when I had 10-15 minutes in the morning. But not Sunday morning, even though that is the block name. :)
The fabrics in the center don't have a lot of contrast, but I think there's enough that you can see the hour glass blocks. It was a bit of a strange block in that it has three areas for background fabric--the light part of the hour glass blocks, the first border and the second border--but the design didn't call for the same fabric to be used.

Actually I think the outside border was not a background fabric in the design, but I didn't want to have a dark outline to the block. I really liked using the sampler letters fabric there. I picked up the fabric because I thought it went with the 30s time period of the rest of the fabric, but it's a really hard fabric to use in a block! These long skinny pieces were perfect! :)

Here are all of the blocks done so far:
________________________
Here is Kim's block:
A lovely blue and green combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so you will not see yours post right away. Thank you for leaving a comment; I enjoy reading each one!

May I suggest?

I Say! or at least I did once...